Looking for reassurance :D Getting ready to hatch for the first time

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Grindlefamily, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Grindlefamily

Grindlefamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    Okay - so after reading all the posts here, I am worried about keeping my temp in the incubator LG 9200 up - so I put in 3 thermometers (no eggs till Wed afternoon) -

Right now one that is sitting on the egg turner reads 101, one dangling in (a meat thermometer) reads 100, and another one dangling in reads 101 -

Am I good to go? LOL I know a little over board, but was worried I would not get a good reading on just one!

LOL

Louella

patiently waiting on chicks and eggs now!

2. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    how's your humidity?

3. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    I think your good to go! Don't know what kind of bator you have, but during hatch time all water fillers should be full. Don't worry I predict a good hatch from you. Since you have two out of three thermometers at 101, I would say your temp is 101. It may rise during hatch, so just keep an eye on it. [​IMG]

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I will be right behind you on hatching MY first batch! Exciting! I got a 1588 Genisus Hobabator on the way...should be here Friday [​IMG] [​IMG] Can't wait. Good luck with your batch! Keep us informed as to how they do.

5. Grindlefamily

Grindlefamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    They are IN! All 36 beautiful multi colored eggs from Howling Woods Farm!! I am so nervous! LOL My kids are so excited! I have the incubator in my bedroom - away from the kids so they won't just mess with it.

AHH! Now I am waiting on my chicks from the local Agway (taking forever) AND on eggs to hatch! I'm gonna be a nervous wreck!

Louella

6. JimnJanet

JimnJanet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    Good luck Louella. I jist went thru hatchin my first batch o' eggs. They are pheasants and i feel i got a good first timer rate, 50%. Janet pulled 8 eggs from our girls yesterday and we got 'em leanin 30 deg. while i finish up with these pheasants and git the bator all cleaned up and ready to go again.
    Wheeeeew did i ever fet over this first time hatchin but the past 25 days went like lightning. MMmmm...maybe age has to do with that [​IMG]
    Anywho, i am really lookin forward to doin my first batch o' chickens and with my own eggs to boot [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Again good luck girl. Don't fergit
    PICS!!!!!!!

7. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Hey Louella, sorry I missed this post! Wish you good luck on your hatch!! [​IMG] Never had problems with the temp holding steady on that bator...only when my DD was messing with it. :mad:
    Let us knowhow it goes!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by