Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by logansmommy7, Jun 22, 2009.
I have two sour cherry trees and have picked a bunch. Anyone have any great recipes for them??
Easiest cobbler recipe in the world; I make it with almost any fruit, fresh or frozen, any time of year.
1. Turn oven on to 375 degrees
2. Put a stick of butter in a greased 9 x 13 pan and put in oven to melt.
3. Stir together 1 c. flour, 1 c. milk, 1 c. sugar, and 1 tsp. baking powder. Set this aside.
4.Bring 1 quart sweetened (about 1/2 c. sugar) cherries to a boil.
5. Pour batter into pan of butter. Then pour on the fruit. Since everything is hot it will start bubbling right away.
6. Bake about 35 minutes until edges are crisp and batter is done.
You can do this in a dutch oven over a campfire too. Yum!!
I thought of another one. I love sour cherry syrup on pancakes or on ice cream. Simmer the chopped cherries with sugar and a bit of water until thickened, just like you would for jam but without the pectin. You can seal it into jars or make a small batch to use up quickly.