Looking for reference pictures of show quality poultry

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by dracoe19, Feb 9, 2013.

1. dracoe19

dracoe19 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    Warrenton, Virgina
    Hello everyone I want to ask a favor of my fellow BYCers. I am hoping to start a new Wyandotte (or other breed) illustration but I only have good reference photos of silver laced and partridge wyandottes. I am hoping to do a piece with a different colored Wyandotte. Not sure what color yet but I wanted to know if anyone had some really nice pictures of their show birds I could use? I don't want to go through threads and use pictures as reference without permission. I am looking for posses that flatter the bird and show off its type and coloration. No butt shots, blurry or odd positioned birds. I would love to have reference for a rooster and hen so I can combine them into one piece. If you haven't already you can check out two pieces I have already done of wyandottes. Practice makes perfect and I really want to make a piece that will make people say "Wow, what a Gorgeous bird!". Also just because i don't pick your picture of your bird doesn't mean i don't like your bird or I don't think it is beautiful. Sometimes one photo just stands out more for what i am trying to accomplish rather than another. I have that "Eureka" moment when I find the right photo and just go with it. Multiple photos are better than just one. Anyone interested in helping me?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    check the breed thread or stories of my chickens, folks would love to help!

3. dracoe19

dracoe19 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    Warrenton, Virgina
    Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by