Looking for Roo in KY, also selling cockerel (maybe)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChickenWisperer, Jul 10, 2008.

1. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    I am thinking about giving away my young cockerel, he is just over a month old now, and is a mixed-breed chick. He is a mix of Buff Orpington (Father) and we think a New Hampshire Red. He was my first baby and is a absolutely gorgeous Dark gold color. He is almost fully feathered. As of the moment, I am seeing if anyone is interested.

I am also looking for a good rooster, a calm one that is more non-aggresive and a gentlemen.

2. Bluedog420

Bluedog420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Cartersville, Ky
    GENTLEMAN...LOL GOOD LUCK

3. fourfeathers

fourfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    10 weeks old is a rough age, just starting to feel their hormones. Your cockerel may calm down a bit more as he ages. Is he aggressive to you or the girls?

4. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    lol, with the rooster ive had, anything calmer would be sufficient lol. He is still in the brooder with my young poullet, he isnt aggresive at all, just more flighty than what i would like for him to be, even though he has been handled alot. I am waiting to see if he calms down, and just really seeing if anyone was interested in him if i do decide to give him away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by