Looking for Satsumadori need everyones help

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Doodle_Doo, May 19, 2011.

1. Doodle_Doo

Doodle_Doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Missouri City, TX
    i am in search of the beautiful fan tail fowl satsumadori..i have been searching for 4 days like crazy
    and talked with many great and well known longtail breeders but all only have worked or know of
    some that worked with project satsumador..then today i found out one person has imported pure bloods
    into the states..but they are keeping very good to them selves and staying anonymous..thought maybe this
    thread could be checked out by everyone even if you dont know about the breed pass it along let someone else
    know about it..[​IMG] its the largest pultry community i know he/she can be found [​IMG] if the breed is truly here
    would be great to share it with other longtail breeders to preserve it and also to those who also would just love
    to own thse beautiful birds.. i am currently helping out another breeder with a project on satsumadori and they look great
    very close but not yet there still alot to work on..
    so please any help or idea or also conversations on this breed welcome also
    pass it around need to find this breeder [​IMG]
    this picture is from "Shamoman's" broodcock from where i have gotten eggs and chicks to continue and help out with his project
    (picture used and allowed to distibute with permission from Shamoman)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  2. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    I looked for the satsumadori for a little while too, they are quite rare.beautiful !

3. gallorojo

gallorojo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Southfarthing
    Doodle doo, can you post pics of your birds that you hatched from shamomans eggs?

4. shamoman

shamoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    PA
    I would also like to see the birds you got from my eggs, I only raised a few birds I will consider using this year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by