1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for Serama in Michigan

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cheraboo, Aug 25, 2008.

1. cheraboo

cheraboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2008
    Michigan
    It looks like a couple more of my kids want to raise showbirds for 4-H. We're trying to locate a Serama. I've seen eggs for sale, but we've never incubated eggs before so I'm not real sure that's something I want to get involved with. Would prefer pullets due to noise considerations, but I'm guessing that the roosters wouldn't be too loud based on their size?

2. justinszoo

justinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    NW Ohio
    Where in MI are you? I have some serama eggs in the bator now that are due to hatch in a couple days and some I just set last nite. They would have to be straight run. I can send pics if you'd like.

Justin

3. cheraboo

Aug 24, 2008
    Michigan
    We are in Augusta, which is in southwest Michigan between Kalamzoo and Battle Creek.

So how loud are the roosters?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Quote:I have 2 roosters and one is pretty loud while the other is really quiet. Depends on the bird i guess. Very unique crows

5. Keleka

Keleka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2007
    West Bloomfield
    Hello. We just had 8 Serama chicks hatch this past Sunday. I am in mid-Michigan, Flint area. I would let a few go, but there is no way I can sex them. If you are interested, let me know. Pick-up only, I don't want to ship these. I have 1 Serama rooster, and live in a neighborhood. No one has complained yet, but somedays he does seem louder than others.

6. cheraboo

Aug 24, 2008
    Michigan
    Quote:Oohhh ... I'd be willing to drive on over and pick up a couple [​IMG] The kids all got their 4-H premium checks today and the $$ is burning a hole in their pockets. How much are you asking for them?

7. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    I just read at :
    http://www.geocities.com/jerrysseramasllc/juniors.html

To further promote the SERAMA and to help achieve the Serama Council of America's goal of making the American Serama the Number One Bantam Breed in North America by the year 2010, I'm offering pairs of these PURE BLOOD beauties FREE OF CHARGE to 4-H members. Request for these birds must accompany a letter of introduction from a Country Agent or 4-H Leader on Official Stationary attesting to the validity of the request. This offer is contingent on my ability to ship (Express Mail) to your area. A $50 fee is requested to cover the cost of shipping container, insurance and postage. Also a FREE one year membership to the Serama Council of North America is included with this offer.

Thought you might be interested in getting some from the origional importer! [​IMG]

8. cheraboo

Aug 24, 2008
    Michigan
    Quote:What a terrific find! Thanks for the info!
    [​IMG]

9. Keleka

Keleka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2007
    West Bloomfield
    How many are you interested in? I have to save some or my daughter would be very upset with me. How does $10 each sound? This is my first time selling them and want to be fair. Thanks.

10. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    WOW thats a heck of a deal for the 4h'ers. I have 4 of jerrys seramas i bought from a breeder in WI and just love them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by