1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for seramas in minnesota

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickenaddict, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I would really LOVE to get my hands on some serama chicks but im at a loss on where to find them without having to drive hundreds of miles to get to them. I am planning on keeping them in the house with the option to free range with the japanese and sebright mix hens in the summer. I was looking for a neat variety of colors and about 4 to 6 birds. Anyone out there?

2. LuannKeller

LuannKeller Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Greer, SC USA
    I could ship you some when they are 3.5 - 4 months. I have some that are likely near that age that aren't already promised. I have mostly wheaton, black, speckled, and near whites to give.

3. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    That would be great. How much do you charge? Do you sell them as pairs? Also wondering if you have any pics of them or what they may look like . Thanks so much

Rachel

4. LuannKeller

LuannKeller Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Greer, SC USA
    I consider most youngsters just a step up from hatching eggs - not a known yet, since they need to mature before type and size can be known for sure. I have some that I hatched from hatching eggs that I am sending out for free because I don't know what their parents looked like. I got them from a breeder in Batesville, SC who's breeding stock I later bought. I am working on certain colors and patterns so I try to find good Serama homes for those which are not fitting into those groups.

5. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I have done a little research on the breed in general so im familiar with the classes and weights ect... The temperment of the seramas is what really intrigued me. I'm not one for choosing "show quality" birds and i have a few special needs chickens as well as a super healthy flock of banty size chickens who free range during the day and are locked in a predator proof coop at night but the seramas would be in a protected run during the day in the summer to keep them safe from the hawks and eagles around here and in the house over the winter months so they will be kept nice and warm, I have 2 other little hens who also come inside for the winter as well. So far in the almost 2 years i have kept chickens i haven't had one issue with predators. My chickens are extremely spoiled with attention and healthy treats on a daily basis so i assure you if i was so fortunate to be able to have a few of these they would be treated like gold. [​IMG]

6. greenthumb89

greenthumb89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    pulaski wisconsin
    you should contact hanginwitmypeeps she is incubating some right now and out of 6 eggs she only wants 2 i think so you might be able to talk to her about that. i mentioned this because we live in wisconsin, she lives in wausau actually.

7. Chickenaddict

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Thanks green thumb i will try to contact hanginwitmypeeps [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by