Looking for shows held in Texas and Oklahoma (posting this April 17th)

shnookey

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 16, 2008
Wichita Falls, Texas!
I am trying to find poultry/livestock shows that will be hosted this year in and around Texas. I am located in North TExas, just under Oklahoma. So anywhere around north texas (includes Dallas area) and southern Oklahoma would be great. Not looking for swaps. Just a place to show poultry (and any other livestock involved with the show). Thank you to anyone who can help.

Welcome to BYC fellow Texan.

The State Fair of Texas and Ft. Worth Livestock Show would be fairly close to you.

Also, there is a Texas bantam show each year in Oklahoma.

I don't have any details of the 2008 shows, but they should be fairly easy to Google.

As people get details about the shows they usually post them here.

Thank you!!!
smile.png

Ok Class pay attention because there will be a test this fall

Taylor County Fair- Abilene- first weekend of September
Red River Club Show - Decatur- 3rd weekend September
Newcastle Ok- 2nd weekend in October- 2 shows Saturday and Sunday
Texas State Fair- Dallas- Middle of October
South Texas State fair- Middle of October
Abilene Club Show- Last of October
Texas Nationals- Decatur - 2nd weekend of November- This is a first time show put on by the TAEPC - should be a good one
Russell Feed Store - Ft Worth - 1st weekend in December
Shawnee Ok.- 2nd Weekend in December- this is a big one
Brazos Valley Poultry Club- College Station- Jan.-3rd- My favorite of course
Ft Worth Stock Show- 3rd weekend in Jan.
there are a couple of spring shows- one in Abilene ( March) and one in La Grange (Feb)

There are a number of other ones in Oklahoma. Also these are the sanctioned shows, there are a number of county fair show that are very nice.

Bob

Quote:
The list comes from my head- These are most of the shows that Claudia and I make. We also travel to where ever the Modern Game Nationals are held so this year we are going coast to coast. California in October and Florida in January.

By the way there are a couple of shows in the Amarillo area, there are also about 5 more in Oklahoma.
Believe it or not but this list of shows in Texas is just a drop in the bucket compared to what there was just 10 or 12 years ago, but we still have a good thing here in Texas.
Bob

I am so excited and impatient! I have never shown chickens before. Nor do I know what the standards are they are looking for when judging!!! LOL
But I have some beautiful chickys I think are going to turn out just gorgeous. Now if they would hurry up and grow up so I can show them!
smile.png
Do they show chicks too? lol
I need to get some pics today of my chickys and post them on the message board for identifying WHAT they are. I don't know on a bunch of them... other than most are bantam of some sort.
wink.png

What I get for buying at a feed store. But I did get some gems from there! Found a Frizzle the other day!

Back
Top Bottom