Looking for Silkie hatching eggs - FL

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by free_loader, Nov 30, 2011.

1. free_loader

free_loader Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2007
    DeLeon Springs
    looking for some Silkie hatching eggs, hoping a mix of colors, but 1 of those colors needs to be partridge. Birds don't need to be show quality, but I am looking for breed standard, 5 toes, turquoise earlobes, etc... don't have to be local, I'm fine with shipped, but local would be awesome.

Let me know what you got [​IMG]
    Jay

2. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    On ebay..there are severel listings of nice eggs!

3. free_loader

free_loader Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2007
    DeLeon Springs
    Funny you say that [​IMG], that's what brought me back here.. just finished a hatch of ebay silkies... they all have 4 toes, and a couple were showgirls...Now I know some folks like showgirls.. but it's not what I wanted, and I'm not of fan of surprises when it comes to a live animal that I have to raise and fees

I bought eggs off of BYC several times in the past (from the old board), and always had good results and the birds I hatched were exactly what I expected them to be... So before I invest more $$..and more importantly more time I thought I'd come back to a place I trust.. I don't want another month of incubation just to be disappointed on hatch day [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  4. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I have an auction up for silkies and sizzles. They are in separate pens and my silkies are separated by color. BBS, White and partridge. My sizzles are mixed colors. White hen and a blue hen are laying and the roo is a bearded grey silkie. The current auction ends in about 12 hours. I always send plenty of extras. If you want just silkies I can send just silkies. There are always requests for sizzle eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by