Looking for Silver Blue Old English Game Bantams.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Kennicuttfarms, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Kennicuttfarms

Kennicuttfarms Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Overton
    This might be a long shot. I have a young boy who is joining our 4-H club this year. He is wanting to show some Silver Blue Old English Game Bantams. I have searched high and low but can not seem to find these little birds. I was wondering if anyone here had some or knew of someone who did. I would be interested in an adult pair or trio, or even some chicks. Thank you.

Lisa

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Sorry [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  3. bobby d

bobby d Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    Are you talking about Silver Blue old english, or Self Blue old english?

4. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    Where are you located?
    If they are for show next year you will need december chicks for teh fresh show cocks and hens, then the rest spaced out to meet show times pullets should be 5-51/2 months at time of show to be at thier peak. There are several breeders of good Silver Blue around the country. Getting chicks from teh showmen will be nearly impossible and the brood pens for next year should already be set up with the birds on lights.

5. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Where are you located at and what age are you prefering?When? I have 2 pairs,one just starting to lay. One pair lighter than the other.Breeding a light line and a darker line.Here are a couple pics.Not very good,they don't like to cooperate and first time on the tie cords....lol.These are young guys and still filling out and plumage growing.I will try to get better pics.

Darker [​IMG]
    Lighter [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My props assistant getting aggrevated with the crew...lol...
    [​IMG]

6. Kennicuttfarms

Kennicuttfarms Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Overton
    Thanks for the replies. I am in Nebraska. I was really looking for an adult pair. We have the kids help with incubating the eggs and then handling the chicks from hatching until show time. They pick out the ones they want to show,( we help with pointers ) but it is ultimately their decision. We have a shed with five breeder pens in it. They are good sized 4'x6' pens in an insulated shed under lights. We rotate birds through in the winter. We try to get around 10 eggs from each breed for the kids to hatch. It gives them a workable number.

I already have the Self blue Old English. I was looking for the Silver Blue Old English.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by