Looking for Sizzles

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CarolinaChickenKeeper, Jun 29, 2011.

1. CarolinaChickenKeeper

CarolinaChickenKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2011
    Pauline, SC
    IVe searched BYC but can't find any sizzle (frizzled Silkie) breeders. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

2. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

Have you checked with Amy on the SC thread?

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Sizzles? I have 2 pens of Sizzles!

Here is a link to my web page ......http://www.westknollfarm.com/Sizzles.html

This is one pen I have going.....
    [​IMG]

This is one that is now grown and in a breeding pen.
    [​IMG]

Here she is grown and in breeding with Buff Boy.
    [​IMG]

This is Elvis, she is sitting on eggs right now.
    [​IMG]

Eggs that are fertilized by this dude....
    [​IMG]

This is Buff Boy and Scarlet.
    [​IMG]

These are the 3 girls laying right now with Buff Boy since Elvis is on her eggs and won't be laying for another month or so. There is Lint, Scarlet and Mudd.
    [​IMG]

I have started collecting eggs and setting them again from these pens. I do not have chicks yet but I can sell hatching eggs or when the chicks hatch in 3 weeks I can sell those. Whatever Elvis is sitting on should hatch in another 2 weeks but I think I only let her have 4 eggs.

4. CarolinaChickenKeeper

CarolinaChickenKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2011
    Pauline, SC
    I was just abt to ask whom Amy was, then I was like duh, Amy Nadine. When I was at her farm I only saw one. Should have known there was more than one.

Amy, keep me posted as to when they hatch pls..

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  5. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    I raise them as well and have many chicks running around. I have a hard time parting with the chicks but I do occasionally sell hatching eggs.
    right now I have a calico silkie roo over a splash sizzle. I have many colors from them ranging from including whites.
    I get about 3/4 sizzles, a few smooths and some silkies. and some of the sizzles feathering turn into normal silkie feathering at a few weeks old. (these would be ones that have mild curling as babies).
    my calico roo
    [​IMG]
    mom
    [​IMG]
    chick (different dad)
    [​IMG]

6. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have just starting set them in the bator so should have chicks in about 3 weeks. I am setting a few each week now so next time you come over I should have an assortment of chicks in many colors and patterns.
    I don't plan to have more than 50 like last year though. I just want to see what these pens in these combinations may produce.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by