Looking for small order of rare breeds sexed chicks to ship ASAP to Colorado....

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by workaholic90, Mar 6, 2014.

1. workaholic90

workaholic90 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2013
    I am looking to pick up 3 or 4 of the following. Preferably a variety. Understand that some of the rarer breeds are more expensive. I can pick up this week or next and will drive 150 miles from zipcode 80302, FEMALE only!

Black Copper Maran
    Blue Orpington
    Dominique - not rare, can get from local farm store
    Cream Legbar
    Lavender Orpington
    Blue Ameraucana
    Blue Favaucana
    Red Star - not rare, can get from local farm store
    Salmon Faverolles

Cedar Creek Hatchery has some of what I am looking for anyone order form them before????? I originally had an order for end of April but I have to go out of town for two weeks end of June and want our chicks to be integrated with our other 5 girls before I leave, that's why I want ASAP......

Thanks everyone.........

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Cedar Creek only sells straight run. If you want pullets only you'll have to go with one of the major hatcheries. MyPetChicken has some of those breeds but many are sold out for the year. Same with Meyer. Some of those breeds sure are pricey! $49 for a legbar pullet chick, $35 for lavender orpington pullet chicks, $20 for a blue ameraucana or blue orpington pullet chick.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  3. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

The Dominiques you get from a hatchery / feed store are sub-standard. PM me.....I am in Colorado

4. workaholic90

workaholic90 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2013
    I thought Cedar Creek could sex bc if you look at his chicks some have the option while others don't.

5. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Looks like they wing sex a few breeds, but they say it isn't as accurate as vent sexing so some males are possible. Only breed on your list that they sex are Marans.

I can't think of anyone near you with Faverolles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by