Looking for some chicks or eggs in South Dakota

chickenranchwife

Songster
12 Years
Mar 2, 2007
North West South Dakota
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any chicks ready to go, or if they had any eggs they wanted to sell. I am not sure if I want to try to hatch, as it hasn't been going well for me lately.

The breeds I want are:

Silkies
Cochins

The Colors would like are:

Blues, Blacks, and Partridge

Roo's needed
BR
BO
B Astralorp
BSL
SLW
LH or WR
RIR
PR

I thought about ordering from hatchery, but thought I'd give you guys the first option. If you can help me out with any of these let me know by email or message me. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have a black silkie cockeral right now, and will have eggs and chicks available in a few months. We are close to Cheyenne WY.

Oh, I also bought a trio of Black and Blue Cochin Bantams recently, so I may have a few (very few) eggs and/or chicks in a few months as well.

The silkies I have are pet to breeder quality, I would say the cochins are breeder to show quality.

Last edited:
Are you planning to pick up? Otherwise, priority shipping for eggs, and express shipping on birds, plus the boxes, you'll have to pay for. I'm just not really set up to ship birds. I also have some bantam Easter Eggers that I'll be hatching if you are interested in those, my roo is blue with gold hackles and one hen is wheaten, the other is blue wheaten.

eggs will be $12 a dozen for silkies and $8 per half dozen for the cochins $6 per half dozen for the Easter Eggers

Silkie and EE chicks will be $2 until old enough to sex
Cochin chicks will be $3 until old enough to sex

The cockeral I have now is free
smile.png
He just needs a home.

Two of the silkies just started laying again, I need to get everybody seperated before I can offer eggs again.

Ks,
I'm getting 12 7 week olds from Lonecowboy at the beginning of April. They're all standards but I'm wanting to add some bantam cochins to the mix. I'd love to get 2 or 3 from you when you have them. (chicks not eggs) Not ready to start the IBW mania. As exciting as it is.
wink.png
I'm just down I-25 from you in Arvada so I could easily come pick up when the time comes. Road Trip
wee.gif

Cara

Fine by me, I keep telling my husband that I won't keep *ALL* the chicks I hatch lol!

We do occasionally go to Ft Collins on the weekends, so we might be able to get them that far for you
smile.png

ks,
I think I will pass on the birds, maybe eggs later in the spring. That would be a long way to travel to pick them up.

I might as well order my chicks again with the price of gas and all.

Although I think I may be making a trip to NE to pick some up, but the person who has some is close to our former pastors and they want us to come down and see them. Gives me a good excuse to go down there to visit.

chickenranchwife-no problem, it is quite a drive!

coloradochick- I'll pm you when I get breeder pens set up again. Right now everyone is in together b/c of the cold.

Well, I broke down lastnight and compared some prices, and decided I would just order some babies. I sent the order out today to Murray McMurray Hatchery. I figured if I was going to be buying chicks or eggs I'd order them this way I have what I wanted. Thanks, and this saves on my travel time with gas as cheap as it is. I still might make a trip to Nebraska to check things out.

Back
Top Bottom