Looking for some eggs to try in my homemade incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Braclin, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Braclin

Braclin KY Chicken Farmer

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    need some eggs to try out my homemade incubator. My hens havent started to lay yet and want to see if it works.[​IMG]

2. Sportsterjeep

Sportsterjeep Creekside Acres Farm

Jun 1, 2010
    Mill Hall PA
    Haha, I see you're waiting for your girls to start laying too. I've got my fingers crossed every time I open coops lately. Oh well, they'll get there. At any rate, check the hatching eggs auction. They have some cheaper eggs for sale to give you a test run. I saw a barnyard special on there that was $10 I think. Anyway, give that a try if you don't have anyone local you can get fertiles off of.

3. Braclin

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Yeah they should start in the next few weeks,lol I was just looking for 5 or 6 eggs, hated to buy a bunch and this incubator not be any count. Thought somebody might have extra eggs or something, or work out a deal. Just in case it dont work.

4. Sportsterjeep

Sportsterjeep Creekside Acres Farm

Jun 1, 2010
    Mill Hall PA
    Did you test run it empty to see if it would hold the temp and humidity?

5. Braclin

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    yeah, it seems to stay within range. Ive never incubated eggs either so it will be a big experiment for me,lol I think i've found some to try out in it.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You folks from KY have the second largest thread so there ought to be someone close to you that would give you up a few to try.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by