Looking for some guidance!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by emunk80, Jun 24, 2010.

1. emunk80

emunk80 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2010
    this is my first time hatching pheasant eggs or any egg for that matter and there do today but so far no activity i candled them but my lights not the best i can see the eggs are not clear and have filled almost the entire egg except the air pocket on the large end and a small gap in the smaller end of the egg and up until about 7 days ago they were moving some but its to hard to see in the eggs now for movement im just wondering if i should of definately had activity (some pipping atleast the air sac) by now?
    thanks, eric

2. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Give`m about 3 more days. All kinds of variables can delay a hatch...........Pop

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I've never hatched pheasants, but if they are anything like chickens you need to leave them alone in the incubator. Chicken chicks have to have the right humidity and temp, and trying to candle shifts them out of the hatching position they've gotten into. Leave them alone and don't open the incubator is all I can advise.

4. emunk80

Jun 23, 2010
    okay thanks i used a hovabator and followed it step by step didint have a hydrometer but i talked to a guy who said if you fill the incubator wihich i di with eggs then fill the middle trouth and it will be almost perfect humidity (which is my biggest concern beacuse of no hydrometer) and all the eggs look full like theres a little bugger in there but no activity yet just anxious i guess

5. bigstack

bigstack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Texarkana, TX
    Chiskens normaly take 21 days. I have had it take 25! Just be sure to give them a lil longer than they are supposed to need. almost any weather change or temp/humidity change can cause delay!

Good luck and God Bless!

6. emunk80

Jun 23, 2010
    thanks everone:) hopefeully ill get some activity tonight or the next couple days out of 36 (6 were takin out do to stopped develpoment or smell) it'd just be a blessing to have one hatch soon lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by