1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

LOOKING FOR SOME LAVENDER ORPINGTON AND OR CREAM LEGBAR HATCHING GS FOR NO MORE THAN $1.25 PER EGG.

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by john_wrightson2003, May 23, 2019.

1. john_wrightson2003

john_wrightson2003 Chirping

Apr 27, 2019
    Onslow County, NC
    Hey, so i am looking for some cheap (as i can find) ayam cemani eggs or chicks, if you give me a price, then please include postage in it as well.
    Thx in advance...

ButtonquailGirl14 likes this.
  2. Virginia and James

Virginia and James Songster

Dec 20, 2017
    Western North Carolina
    Jacksonville area?
    I'm about 6 hours west of you.
    How many are you looking for? I just put a dozen in the fridge last night! My buyer didn't want them.

I sell locally for $6/egg, $30 for half dozen, $60 for a dozen. Mine are good backyard birds but at this point my line isn't show-quality yet. Rooster has some dark red in his wattles.

3. john_wrightson2003

Apr 27, 2019
    Onslow County, NC
    Huh, that red sounds strange. Im sorry, but im looking for perfect "specimens." I appreciate the offer tho

4. Virginia and James

Virginia and James Songster

Dec 20, 2017
    Western North Carolina
    Not gonna find those cheap, I'm afraid!
    Good luck.

5. john_wrightson2003

Apr 27, 2019
    Onslow County, NC
    ik, just looking for the cheapest i can get...

6. Fishkeeper

Fishkeeper Crowing

Oct 30, 2017
    Central Texas
    Yeah, you're really not gonna find cheap ayams that are any good. They're a rare bird. If you want good ones, you have to either buy good ones for good money, or buy cheap ones and breed them into good ones.
    If you want perfect ones, you need to specify that you want perfect ones, and they are not going to be cheap. The best you can do is "less expensive".

7. Wolfefarmyard

Wolfefarmyard Songster

Aug 18, 2017
    Gansevoort, NY
    I agree with everyone, just pet quality Ayam cemanis can be expensive.

Now really good quality ones are are very pricey. These are an extremely rare bird and are hard to breed perfect.

8. Did you ever snag those Wyandottes from back east?

9. HenHouse4Life

HenHouse4Life GrandmaOnDuty

Mar 22, 2016
    Mid Michigan
    Since you're wanting to start a breeding/egg selling farm per your previous thread you may want to check websites online that can ship quality chicks to you. If you're serious about breeding you'll need to start with quality breeding stock and those birds won't come cheap.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: