Looking for some laying hens seattle wa

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by anndee, Sep 17, 2007.

1. anndee

anndee In the Brooder

Sep 17, 2007
    seattle, wa
    hello everyone - new to the world of chickens and this forum. a local gal here just north of seattle, recomended me to post an ad here that i am looking for some good laying hens for my very fist coop i just picked up!
    i would prefer a few hens that are already producing eggs, but also looking for some chicks that i can raise and get them used to being handled, and on the friendly side, seeing i have some young friends that would love to interact with them!
    thanks so much,...
    anni

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  2. greyfields

greyfields Crowing

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I am too short on eggs to part with any hens. But if you want any hatched over winter, I make Speckled Sussex, Dark Cornish, Black Sex Links and Barred Rocks. Later in Spring, add Rhode Island Reds, Marans and Black Giants to the mix.

3. DoctorGoose

DoctorGoose Songster

Jul 27, 2007
    Woodinville,WA
    Welcome!! I don't have any eggs or chicks, but just wanted to say "hi!"! You can also order as few as three chicks through www.mypetchicken.com

I have an order coming in October.... [​IMG]

4. greyfields

greyfields Crowing

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    You forgot to mention that chickens are really boring compared with geese. Get yourself a few Emdens and be endlessly entertained.

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD

Welcome to the site! I'm the girl up north going as silkiechicken!

6. DoctorGoose

DoctorGoose Songster

Jul 27, 2007
    Woodinville,WA
    Lol, greyfields! I wouldn't say that they're boring...but goosey love is like no other.....[​IMG] So do get yourself a nice little goose too.....[​IMG]

7. Union

Union Hatching

Mar 15, 2008
    If you're looking for chicks I have 3 Rhode Island Red chicks in Seattle.

8. chicknut

chicknut In the Brooder

Mar 5, 2008
    Arlington Washington
    I will have a few Buff silkie and marans cross chicks in a bout 2 weeks that will need new homes

Chicknut In Arlington

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: