Looking for some name ideas for cute little Call duck...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duckluck, Sep 17, 2010.

1. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Okay, so this weekend I added to my group of chocolate Calls with a tiny little pullet, who is looking very scruffy right now but has a VERY loud little quack, even for a Call!

She's absolutely adorable so I'm looking to try and decide on a cute, chocolatey name for her. My husband suggested "Hershey" but she just doesn't look like a Hershey. I thought of Krackel but she has some baby feathers out right now and I'd rather she didn't wind up looking crackley. CoCoPuff would be a good name except I already knew a miniature horse stud by that name several years ago and he was a jerk, so I think CoCoPuff is going to stay on the name-shelf. Any other ideas, anyone? I'm not much for candy myself but am thinking there has to be some cute names out there for a call duck who isn't much much bigger than a big candy bar herself!

Oh yeah...I'm really not big on obvious female names, like "Candy". I like names that could apply to either sex.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  2. kylee2katie

kylee2katie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    Stuttgart, Arkansas
    how about Kissie? Like Hershey's kiss....

3. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:That's what I was going to say! "Hershey Kiss"... or "Nutella" (love that stuff!), "Cadbury", "Ko-Ko", "Latte", or, how about "Tootsie", like a Tootsie Roll? That's my favorite, but it's pretty girly/candy, so you may not like that one.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2010
  4. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Lady Godiva
    Dell (Ghirardelli)
    my chocolate runner is Cadbury

5. chikky

chikky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Sweetie??? Rolo? Brownie?

(ok, when i was a kid, I named the holstein calf "blackie-whitie"....)

6. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Kit Kat??? Gheradelli? Moon Pie??? Whachamacallit..... Reaces? Cadbury, Neslie? Flicks?

7. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Had some inspirations tonight...thinking "Critter" (because she's a bit of a mess at the moment) or "Snickers". Although she does a LOT more complaining than snickering! [​IMG]

Kit Kat occurred to me. I liked those as a kid but now I don't. [​IMG]

Whachamacallit I'll save for if we ever have to look at a duckling and say "Who's your daddy?" [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  8. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

9. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Truffles... they are rough on the outside, but creamy on the inside.....
    Ferrero... like the chocolate Ferrero Rocher, similar to truffles, rough on the outside, and lovely on the inside

Hope this helps [​IMG]

10. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Hmmmm...well, I'm thinking "Snickers" for the little pullet, and just might use Kit Kat and maybe even Ferrero for the other two females.

The male, however, I am considering "Chocula", "Duckula" and "Quackula", I bet no one can guess why. [​IMG] 'Tis the season for drakes to be getting nippy, even in the bachelor pen. I have found that putting him in a "submit"/nosedown with my hand really helps. Luckily Call nips are about like a baby trying to pinch you...he can really grab and hang on and it still doesn't hurt.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by