Looking for some new chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rughooker, Jul 25, 2008.

1. rughooker

rughooker Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I am from northeastern Ohio(between Akron and Younstown) and am looking for some silkie bantams, cochins and orpingtons. Preferably female. Anyone close enough for me to drive and pick 'em up? Rughooker [​IMG]

2. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    I am in SW PA...about 1 or 1.5 hours from Youngstown. I have silkies and cochins available at various times. The chicks would be straight run, though, as it is impossible to sex them. Not sure if you want to travel that far or not...just let me know.

Leah

3. KAKBucks

KAKBucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Central Ohio
    I have some silkie eggs in the bator, but will probably keep them for at least a couple of weeks to see what their color is like before deciding whether to part with them. I also have 2 silkies that are a couple of days old. Same deal with them.

I also found that my light brahma bantams have not only started laying in the two weeks since I put a nesting box in the top half of the coop (that is not particularly accessible so I don't check often) but one hen is sitting on about 20 eggs already. I'm not going to pull her off, so I may have a big lot of light brahma babies in a few weeks.

I will ALSO have a small flock of white silkies arriving in a few weeks that are currently laying. I can put eggs in the bator or let them keep a batch if you're interested in white silkie babies.

I'm just SE of columbus, but I have a friend that goes up to Steubenville every few weeks and she could probably transport them for you. Let me know if you're interested in any of these.

Kendra

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by