Looking for some Silkies for later. Nw. Mo.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by houndit, Apr 27, 2009.

1. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    I am interested in purchasing some very high quality Silkies as far as show quality goes. My main interest in them is as broody chickens, but I would like to be able to turn a fair profit on their chicks when they are not setting eggs for me. This is something I will be interested in later! I am not ready for them right now. I just would like to find someone who has some I would like to get later. Please send me a picture of your Silkies and let me know your prices. Also what are Hattrick Silkies?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  2. Ky Chicken Fan

Ky Chicken Fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    Quote:Hi there, here is Hattrick's website http://www.hattricksilkies.com/ It takes a while to load, but it is worth the wait. [​IMG] I think that at least one of the ladies is a member here, do some reading about silkies on the various boards and I am sure you will find them. Good luck in your search.

3. houndit

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    Thank you for the link. Are Hattrick Silkies kind of like Holdereads waterfowl? I have seen a lot of people mention the fact that they have Hattrick Silkies.

4. Ky Chicken Fan

Ky Chicken Fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    Quote:You are welcome. I don't know waterfowl, but I have seen the term Holdereads... so I imagine, yes, probably it is similar. Hattrick has some beautiful birds, and I believe that people do advertise when they purchased their stock from them.

5. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Hey, if you put your location in the post, you might be able to find someone local. Last year I found a gal, here in MI, with a large numberof Silkie pullets. They were pet quality, but if you are just looking for broodies, you don't need show quality.
    Just a thought... [​IMG]

6. houndit

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    Thanks Chickenmaven I meant to do that.

7. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by