looking for someone local to process my roos? Southcentral PA

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by stampntam, May 4, 2011.

1. stampntam

stampntam Songster

Apr 13, 2010
    Spring Grove, PA
    Hey Everyone! I am looking to find someone local to butcher about 20 roosters that will be ready in a few weeks. Does anyone know anyone local? I live in Spring Grove, Pa 17362. I am willing to drive with in reason to get this done.

I need to drop them off alive and pick them up bagged and ready for cooking. I am looking for someone I know will return the same chickens I take in, I feed organically and it is expensive, I want to be sure I get mine back.
    Any help would be great!
    thanks

2. blueskylen

blueskylen Songster

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    HI, i don't know how close you are to Grantsville,MD from there, but we use Silver Lining Poultry, 494 Maynardier ridge rd, Bittinger, Md 21522. 301-245-4306

They do a fantastic job for a reasonable price , and will cut/bag them however you want. i'm not sure what they are charging now, but we will be taking 40 CX to them the 16th.
    we have used them for 4 years , and the birds come back super clean and definitely the ones that you take to them, as they are a small family operation.

3. stampntam

stampntam Songster

Apr 13, 2010
    Spring Grove, PA
    thank you, that's about 3 hours away from me.

4. stampntam

stampntam Songster

Apr 13, 2010
    Spring Grove, PA
    anyone else?

5. Two Creeks Farm

Two Creeks Farm Songster

Apr 23, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    I was told to try Berry Blossom Poultry in Waynesboro....about an hour from Spring Grove I believe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: