looking for someone that builds coops or where to purchase a coop/run for 4 hens

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by smak616, Feb 24, 2015.

1. smak616

smak616 New Egg

Sep 28, 2012
    I will not be able to build a coop, unless it is a kit, but overwhelmed by styles. anyone purchase a RTS coop in the area? I have a vehicle to transport. Thank you!
    I live in Chicagoland area.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. Hounddog777

Hounddog777 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2015
    NE Tennessee
    Same here. I was looking at chickencondos.com and asked here if anyone had any reviews for them. They look pretty good.

Parrottsville TN

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  3. HighStreetCoop

HighStreetCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2014
    Oakland, CA
    My Coop
    Can't tell where you are, which would be helpful to people attempting to make recommendations. I absolutely love the Combo Coop I got from The Chicken Gardener in Portland (they deliver to a wide range of locations on the West Coast.

http://chickengardener.com/product/combo-coops/

The big drawback to most of the coops I see out there are the run options.

The guys at Laughing Chicken Coops are nice (disclaimer, the owner is the brother of a friend) and they ship (free) nationwide:

http://www.laughingchickens.com/

4. smak616

smak616 New Egg

Sep 28, 2012
    Thanks-I live in Chicago, edited OP to reflect that.

5. somedayfarms

somedayfarms Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2015
    Southwest Missouri
    Belfry-H758-e1392338257292.jpg

Urban coop company has some really nice looking coops they also ship nationwide. There kit even includes most of the tools needed to put it together as well.

6. starbuck123

starbuck123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2015
    Hello - we used Red Rooster Coops, near Madison WI. He delivers for a small fee.

I'm new here and not sure if I'm allowed to post a link but it's searchable. We are VERY satisfied!! Contact person is Jeff. :) I really wanted to support a small craftsman rather than a large business and the time and effort he put into it is amazing. It's very well made.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by