Looking for Speckled Sussex x Salmon Faverolle SEX-LINK Info. (Pics?)

DeanJ1

In the Brooder
Mar 17, 2018
Deciding whether to experiment with Speckled Sussex Rooster w. Salmon Faverolle Hens to create Red Sex Links but I can't find any info from anyone who has done it, nor have I found any pictures.

Thanks in advance for any info!

You cannot take those to and create a RED sexlinks but you might end up creating some sorta sexlinks just not an red

You cannot take those to and create a RED sexlinks but you might end up creating some sorta sexlinks just not an red

I read in the big Sex-Link Information thread that for Red Sex links, Speckled Sussex x Salmon Faverolle is a possible combination. I just haven't seen anyone try it yet.

Deciding whether to experiment with Speckled Sussex Rooster w. Salmon Faverolle Hens to create Red Sex Links but I can't find any info from anyone who has done it, nor have I found any pictures.

Thanks in advance for any info!

I would like to point out that on that article Speckled sussex are listed as eWh or ey, but in fact most if not all of them are Wild Type e+ and since Faverolles are Silver Wheaten the chicks will have a faded wild type or nearly complete wild type chick down, males will look like silver whildtype chicks and females will be of a dark gold wild type chick color, the speckled pattern(Mottling) is recessive so it will not affect the look of the chicks or adults.

I would like to point out that on that article Speckled sussex are listed as eWh or ey, but in fact most if not all of them are Wild Type e+ and since Faverolles are Silver Wheaten the chicks will have a faded wild type or nearly complete wild type chick down, males will look like silver whildtype chicks and females will be of a dark gold wild type chick color, the speckled pattern(Mottling) is recessive so it will not affect the look of the chicks or adults.

So either way the cross should still be able to be color sexed, right?

Back
Top Bottom