Looking for standard Naked Necks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Kev, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Looking for standard/large show quality or from hobby breeders who bred for good type.

Extra large or jumbo size especially desired, even if not "show bred".

Flexible on color.

Kevin

2. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    If your looking to buy them in a MINIMUM of 25, then I would suggest Ideal-poultry, McMurray hatchery.. etc on the "big" hatcheries. If you're looking for ordering from a breeder, then I can't help you there, sorry.

3. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    oh. if you wanted to wait six months....just kidding. im getting 2 naked neck chicks on the 11th! I AM SO GLAD SOMEONE ELSE THINKS THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

4. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    There are eggs on ebay right now for standards. I like the banty size much more. Also if you look at the pics the person posted the one is a little funny looking. Jenn

5. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Linck, appreciate the suggestion. Hatchery source is an option but it's the last option if I don't find a private breeder with the type I want. I'm open to a hatchery IF their stock gets to extra large-jumbo size.. as in roosters reach 9-10 lbs or more. I noticed McM listed their roosters as weighing up to 8 lbs.. that seems smallish to me.

Many years ago I had two roosters, one was 11 and the other 13lbs, did not weigh the hens but they were quite large and heavy(guessing they may have been 9 lbs), laid huge eggs. Quite regret not having bred & kept more of them- thought that was typical of the breed but a couple years ago, got a few from a hatchery when mine died from old age etc.. and they were half the size of what I had.. that was disappointing! That(and the weight listed by McM) is the only reason I haven't ordered from a hatchery already.. 25 chicks is absolutely no problem if they were what I wanted. If I could get birds like my first ones, I would be a VERY happy man..

Stormhorse, Oh you will have fun with them! And yes they are beautiful! They are so easy to hug and hug and kiss and pet and pet and name them George.....

jkcove, Thanks, I saw that auction, they kind of look smallish to me. They did the pictures pretty cute though. I like the bantys a lot also, I do plan on looking into banty stock in the future.. just am all about getting ones like I used to have in the past right now.

6. kychickenmama

kychickenmama Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2008
    Hi,
    We have a friend of ours who has a poultry supply/hattchery and he has Naked Necks.

www.poultrymansupply.com

Good Luck

7. funnyfarm

funnyfarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana
    I love naked neck chickens I've also heard of them being called turkens. I am also in the market for some if anyone in Indiana has any.[​IMG]

8. bayshorek9

bayshorek9 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2010
    virginia
    hello, we have standard naked necks in Barred, Red, Blacks and Whites. If your interested in seeing some pictures look at our website. www.bayhorekennel.com Also trying to find phone number "jmhappycowboy" if anyone has it. Frank 540 436 3169

9. jmhappycowboy

jmhappycowboy The Egg Wrangler

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Kev, I have Blue, Black and Splash, but it will be about mid Feb. before I will be offering very many eggs from them for sale. I am also going to try selling some day old chicks this year if you want to go that route. My birds are larger than hatchery stock not sure on their weights but I would say my hens weigh 8 to 9 lbs and the roosters will go 10 or better, haven't weighed them so thats just a guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by