Looking for starling as a pet

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pathusse, Feb 18, 2017.

1. pathusse

pathusse New Egg

Feb 18, 2017
    Thank you. I am Pat from Massachusetts. I am looking for a,starling for a pet. Thank you

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I don't know if it is legal to have one as a pet. I know some folks say they can be good talkers

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    [​IMG]

4. Talithahorse

Talithahorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2012
    Hartselle, Al
    Because they are considered an invasive species, the laws tend to be pretty loose but I would definitely check them out first. Sometimes you can hook up with a rehab group who are almost always looking for people to raise baby birds but even some of them won't take starlings. They are fun to raise and will follow you around for quite a while after launching. A very special starling named Hombre was the reason I got into bird research and ultimately took me to International Science and Engineering Fair in my youth.... (Chickens were just a natural progression...)

5. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    Welcome to BYC, must it be a starling? [​IMG] could you think of a Myna? they chatter all day and talk to you I can send you some of mine lol I have thousands.

Enjoy BYC

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Pat, it's nice to have you here!

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens! Thanks for joining, I'm sure you'll love it here! :frow

~Cuz

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Howdy Pat [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Pat, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Best wishes and thanks for joining! [​IMG]

10. pathusse

pathusse New Egg

Feb 18, 2017
    Thank you everyone for letting me join. Mynah birds are my dream but their very expensive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by