1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for support

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by equine623, Nov 2, 2010.

1. equine623

equine623 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    NE PA
    Last wednesday I was 20 weeks pregnant. Last Thursday, I lost the baby. My DH and I are devastated. My 5 yr old DD is sad and angry. We are doing our best to get through it...today is just turning out to be a really hard day for me. I find myself having to comfort other family members, and reassure friends that I'll be ok and there is nothing they can do to help.

But right now, I'm not ok. And I'm tired of hearing how its god's plan, or its for the best, or how I just have to stay strong and move forward. I feel like I have no where to turn.

2. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine your pain. I hope those around you will see you need time to grieve and with hold you up while you need it. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

3. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Jill,

So sorry to hear your news! Just hug that little one you DO have! She's such a cutie! And a nap and a shower always set the day straight for me when I'm down!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    No words can describe my sorrow.

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    So sorry to hear that. I never lost a baby, so I can't say I know how you feel, but I think it's natural for you to have a mixture of emotions....If talking about it helps, then talk......If you're tired of soothing others, then tell them "I really need to just not talk about this right now." Make your needs heard. People want to help, they just don't know how.

Pound a pillow, cry if you need to. You have a right to grieve any way you need to. Some people just need to keep busy too.....Everyone has their own way.

Hang in there......HUGS TO YOU!

6. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    so sorry to hear this. im sending a cyber hug.. i have been there so i know how hard it is. please know you and your family are in my prayers

7. KCchickens

KCchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    Fayette county, IL
    Oh my! I'm sorry for your loss. I could never imagine losing a child... Heck it's horrible losing a chicken. But a baby, you are in my thoughts and prayers!

If ever you need someone to talk to or shoulder to cry and lean on, we are all here to help and are here for you.

8. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Hi Jill -

I am so sorry for your loss! When I lost my son the one that made me maddest was "it's God's plan." God doesn't plan for such agony as losing a child! Hang in there, there is nothing worse than losing a child, whether it is born yet or not. You will stay strong, and you will move forward, because you have no choice.

Please take care of yourself. Know that you are loved. Cry, feel sorry for yourself, scream, whatever you want - you are not okay and it is okay for you to not be okay!!!!

Many hugs for you. There are no words I can say to make you feel better, just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

9. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I think I would unplug the phone for a bit. This is every moms worst fear and its one we can never understand until we experience it. Even thought I cannot understand I am so very sorry for your loss. I don't try to guess what Gods plans are but I know he hurts when we do. Its normal to hurt, its normal to cry, and you don't have to keep it all in and stay strong. I personally would turn off the phones and tell people we need space and just go through the grief alone. I am sure your daughter could use a crying buddy too. Hugs I wish there was something we could all say that would make this easier for you other than we are here for you and praying.

10. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    My heart is breaking for you right now. I am so sorry. You should not have to comfort or worry about anyone else outside of your husband and daughter. Maybe you can designate a spokesperson for your family, and have that person speak for you, what you might need/want/when you want to be left alone. Hugs to all of you. May God keep you in His care. He still loves you through your anger and pain.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by