Looking for Swedish and/or Saxony ducks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by patchencindy, Nov 21, 2011.

1. patchencindy

patchencindy New Egg

Nov 19, 2011
    I'm interested in buying 2-3 blue or black Swedish ducks within an hour or two of Knoxville, TN. Can be ducklings or adults, but I do want a drake and 1-2 ducks. I'd also love to find 2-3 Saxony ducks, same criteria. Shipping is an option if I can't find anything in this area, but preferably not across the country. Thanks, folks, for your help! Cindy (in East TN)

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Hi!

I am also in east tn. I search craigslist offten just to see whats up and I found a ad for 1 mal and 2 female blue swedish ducks. Let me go out to craigslist to find the ad and see if its still up.

PS: you could also put this in the wanted section of BYC

3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Oh, and [​IMG]

4. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
  5. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    Man oh man... I have a black swedish hen I don't need but have as a pet AND I'll be driving right past you to get to Gatlinburg on Wednesday. Then in the Spring I'll have Saxony ducklings, the first group I'll hold onto until gender is known, I need to add 2-4 girls and the rest will be sold.

I'm about 4 1/2 hours from you and have family down there in Halls.

6. patchencindy

patchencindy New Egg

Nov 19, 2011
    Thanks, Duckgirl, for the craigslist posting! I did call the seller this past week and left a message, but I never heard back. Guess the Swedish ducks were already gone. Oh, well. Great idea about posting in Wanteds. Didn't know that existed. Mandelyn, I would certainly be interested in your female and getting on your list for Saxonys! We live around Paint Rock, between Kingston and Sweetwater. I'll email you directly.

Cindy
    (We raise speckled Sussex, by the way, and have a 10-year-old Pomeranian goose who lost her mate last year.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by