Looking for the right way

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PapaMoose, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PapaMoose

PapaMoose Just Hatched

Nov 5, 2016
    Eastern North Carolina
    Just signed up as I look into getting started with some chickens and rabbits. Grew up as the oldest of seven and thought taking care of the critters was a pain. Like most folks as I've gotten older I see the wisdom of my father in a new light.

2. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Interesting to see things from your point of view, I am the oldest in my family, and feeding the animals is my favorite chore of the day! I'll take that over doing dishes or folding laundry any day! I am glad you are thinking about getting some critters of your own! A very rewarding experience indeed. Here is a link to our Learning Center, an excellent spot to read up on chickens. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center If you are interested in getting some rabbits as well, you might like to check out BYC's sister site: backyardherds.com. BYC does have a 'other pets and livestock' page, here is the link to that one: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/22/other-pets-livestock. Alright, that should keep ya busy! But just know, there is no ''right'' way to do anything in the universe. Everybody has their own opinions on how things should be done, you just have to find yours. Enjoy BYC!

3. PapaMoose

PapaMoose Just Hatched

Nov 5, 2016
    Eastern North Carolina
    Thank you for the welcome message. Just in browsing before joining it is obvious there is a lot of friendly experience to be shared. I try to approach forums like a sponge - soak in all the input you can and squeeze out what you need when you need.

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. I like your analogy [​IMG]. Please make yourself at home.

Best wishes
    CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, PapaMoose, and :welcome! Great to have you in our community. Took me a few years to see the wisdom as well. Best wishes and thank you for joning BYC! :)

8. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you join us and good luck with all your plans!

9. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] It is great to have you!

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by