Looking for Toy Poodle or Yorkie stud

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by blueoval1, Feb 17, 2009.

1. blueoval1

blueoval1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Raleigh N.C.
    I have a two year old maltese and I am looking to breed her this is her first and probably last breeding if you have a stud in NC please let me know thanks.

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Why not breed to the same breed??

3. xfilesnumber1fan

xfilesnumber1fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Missouri
    You should go with the same breed your dog is! I dont beleive in mixing breeds I am 100% against it..Too many mixed breed dogs in shelters..Dont get me wrong their are pure breds too..But they have a better chance at homes...

4. mekasmom

mekasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2008
    Both Maltipoos and Morkies are very popular dogs. Morkies can sometimes be a bit bigger, so if your dog is small I would be sure to choose a small male. Whatever you cross her with, you will easily be able to find homes. Small, cute, hairy dogs are in great demand.

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Tiny mixed breeds are not languishing in shelters. They slap a $600 price tag on them and they fly out the door.

6. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
  7. xfilesnumber1fan

xfilesnumber1fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:Tiny or not ...Shelters are full of all kinds...Dont mix breed ..They are mutts with a fancy name and anyone who pays $600 is CRAZY

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Crazy or not, that is the reality. This post is not a "let's debate mixed dog breeds", this is a "I need a stud dog" post.

Technically ALL DOMESTIC DOGS ARE MUTTS. Pure breeds only came about because a certain dog has a certain trait that people wanted. Genetically, you have no difference between dogs and wolves.

So unless you have a wolf in your backyard, you have a mutt.

9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    While the domestic dog is descended from the grey wolf, there is a .2% difference between domesticated dog and grey wolf DNA.

"Point-two-percent is the difference between domestic dog DNA and grey wolf DNA, whereas the difference between coyote DNA and dog DNA is 4%."

There
    are breeds of all sorts in shelters, not just "designer" mutts.
    I was just curious as to why not breed to the same breed in this case? Is there a genetic condition that you'd like to avoid, etc?

10. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Small mixes are languishing in our shelter! Even being a small purebred does not guarantee they make it out, but they have a much better chance then a mutt. And last I knew our shelter only charged $17 for adult dogs and $10 for puppies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by