Looking for turkey poults- NW Ga.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by spotnapp, Jun 13, 2008.

1. spotnapp

spotnapp Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2007
    Cedartown, Ga.
    I'm trying to find a couple of turkey poults in the NW Georgia area. I would love to be able to find some before Father's Day, as they're for my dh and will only be for pets. TIA, for any leads!

2. PearlD

PearlD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    I have 10 for sale-$5 each......but I am in NW Alabama. Not sure about the drive.......[​IMG]

3. spotnapp

spotnapp Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2007
    Cedartown, Ga.
    Well to bad you weren't closer! I don't mind driving but I believe that would just be a bit TOO far especially with gas prices.[​IMG]

4. GaHermit

GaHermit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Hoboken Ga
    I have too many to count. From still in the bator to 2 months old. There may be some left over from a hatch due on the 18th. Prices start at $4.50 for day old picked up at the farm. We do ship day old chicks. E-Mail me at( [email protected] )
    Farm is near Waycross Ga.

HERM

5. Yotta Yotta

Yotta Yotta Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    Madison AL
    Hey PearlD how old are your turkey poults? Do you have any girls?

I have a 6 week old turkey and it's starting to look like a boy. He was kind of an impulse buy on boyfriend's part. Now we feel guilty for not buying him a friend.

6. PearlD

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    I have no clue how to sex birds [​IMG]....but I will make you a deal on them if you want to meet me in Rogersville............I think I have like 9 or 10 and they are anywhere from 2 weeks to 5 days old. I have more due Thursday.....and some of these will be Pure Red Bourbon. [​IMG]

****After rereading your post, it sounds like you only need one or two. I can't drive to Rogersville to sell just a couple.....BUT if you do want more I will be glad to drive that far!!!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  7. Yotta Yotta

Yotta Yotta Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    Madison AL
    Yeah I can understand...with gas as high as it is you got to make every mile driven count.

I'll have to talk with my boyfriend to see if he would mind getting several turkeys. [​IMG] It might be worth it for us to even drive all the way out to where you live to get one. We got ours at Lacon and we wanted to go back and get one but we were scared that we might drive all that way and there would be no turkeys for sale.

8. PearlD

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    Well, rest assured that I have plenty!!! Let me know if you want them, and I will take $25 for all I have. I feel sure there are 9 out there....possibly a couple of more, and a couple of them are pure RB.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by