1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

looking for turkey tail feathers

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Flyfish1985, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Flyfish1985

Flyfish1985 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2014
    Hello all. I tie flies and use the tail feathers from turkeys very often. I was wondering if anyone here had some laying around or if they would be willing to collect some as they fall out? I have attached a couple of flies that I have tied that use turkey and dyed white turkey tail. I completely understand if people do not respond but I thought I would take a shot in the dark and see what turned up. There are so many lovely birds on here! Keep up the great work everyone![​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  2. crazypoultrychx

crazypoultrychx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    New Orleans LA
    I have a ton of feathers.....turkey...duck...red black white chickens.....peacock.....where do you live?

3. Flyfish1985

Feb 6, 2014
    I am in Michigan. Right now I am only looking for turkey and peacock. Thank you! I will shoot you a PM and we can talk from there!

4. crazypoultrychx

crazypoultrychx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    New Orleans LA
    your fly's are beautiful!

5. Flyfish1985

Feb 6, 2014
    Thank you very much! I love making them. I draw and paint as well so this is just another artistic outlet that I am finding. I tie flies for fishing as well but the big "freestyle salmon" flies are just a blast to come up with. Here are a couple more that I have tied recently.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  6. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by