looking for two nigerian dwarf goats Babies in West Ga

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by funky, Aug 20, 2008.

1. funky

funky Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2008
    Winston GA
    Anybody know where I can get 2 baby goats (wethers) in or around Douglasville GA? Thanks

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    There are a bunch of NDGA breeders in west GA...check the NDGA website (which is down right now) for breeders. For some reason I'm thinking either Yellow Rose or Little Tots Estate is out your way.

Also, if mutt goats are ok with you...look in the Market Bulletin
    http://www.agr.state.ga.us/mbads/

And of course, gotta drop a line for myself...I'll have kids in September [​IMG]

3. funky

funky Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2008
    Winston GA
    Quote:Awesome Thanks![​IMG] What kind do you have???I think I would like a dwarf goat and need it to be friendly(kids) what would you suggest for a first time goat...Just want it for helping with weed control on my 4 acres??

4. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    You're on the right track with something small and wethers.

Check out my website...I raise grade and registered Nigis and have a couple wildcards in the doe herd, too (like a silkie fainter who flunked fainting school and a couple Pygmys).

Bear in mind that most people in our state call ANY small goat a "Pigmy" (yeah, they even spell it wrong)...when you go to look at them they're just small mutts. If you can get them off their dam and bottle raise them (must be done EARLY) then they might be tame, but most people around us have wild goats. Shop around, learn to know what to look for. A quality wether should run you from $50 to $100 here (ie a registered one), where a crossbred wether would be more like $25 to $35. Also, some breeders will throw in a wether when you purchase one or two does.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  5. funky

funky Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2008
    Winston GA
    Quote:I will check itout thanks for all your help:)

6. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Little Tots is in Loganville. I got my nigis from him.Wethers are $50 right now I think. He has kids being born now through November.

7. funky

funky Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2008
    Winston GA
    Quote:Thankyou!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by