looking for UTAH SELLERS OR HATCHERIES!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by scooby, Aug 16, 2008.

1. scooby

scooby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    sevier valley,utah
    I am looking for utah sellers or anyone that knows of any utah hatcheries!!! I'v looked high and low for utah hatcheries and cant find any!!!!
    i want a small order only about 6-8 chicks and im looking for

jerseys
    amerucana
    faverolles
    delawares

i want chicks
    i placed a order from meyers but the shipping alone is like 40 bucks and i'm getting a total of 4 chicks so im wondering if anyone knows of any hatcheries in utah or close by where there is small orders available and the shipping wont be outrages, if i have to go through meyers i will but i really dont want to pay that much!!!!

2. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I don't have anything right now, but next spring I will have Ameracuana's.

3. ccmarie

ccmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2008
    Yuma, Arizona
    If you wait until spring, the IRA country stores will order them for you. I was just badgering them about their policies today, and I think they order chicks for you and ship them to their stores. The guy I was talking to said that the prices change a lot but it'll be between $2-4. I'm thinking about trying it next spring, depending on how things turn out. And I'll definitely include delawares too!

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Try "My Pet Chicken" they'll ship you smaller numbers.... put you'll pay the shipping.

If you get them at an IGA or IRA they'll tack on $$$ for them in your price.

My brother has a bunch of chickens up in southern Utah valley but most of his are mutts.... crosses of OEG, EEs, and Polish.

5. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Go onto KSL.com on their classified section. In the first group of listing in the left column is a section of poultry and game birds. There are a number of people selling babies or even adult birds in one or two cases. There was even an Americana trio available from one seller. You may have to go back several pages, and the older listings might not be available any more, but you might hit the jack pot.

I know when I was looking for a list of hatcheries in Utah the only things I found were game birds and turkeys!

Wish I had something to sell you, but my Layers are all mutts at this point. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by