Looking for Various Poulty and Phaseants HOUSTON,TX Area

Blueangel92786

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Texas
:Dhi I am new to the forum and I an near the Conroe/Houston area and I would like to know if anyone has any call ducks, heritage turkeys(all colors welcome) or any breeder pairs or trios of red goldens, yellow goldens, swine ho, aymhearst or other pheasants. I also need a breeder male for my two peahens that where abandoned my thier husband last year.
if anyone could help me I would be extremely greatful
thanks
Danielle

Quote:
if you can wait two weeks, you'll be able to find all of those birds at the montgomery country trade days. it's at the montgomery county fairgrounds on sunday, april 27th. the doors open at 7.30. most good birds are gone by 9am so get there early and bring cages with you. i've seen all of those birds for sale there so you're bound to find them next weekend also.

good luck!

michele

I have pheasants eggs. If you are interested just let me know! I can send you pictures of them if you want
smile.png

thanks for all the replys and the warm welcome
I know I am going to like it here
and if there is anything I can ever do for anyone just ask!
what do the birds usually go for at the trade days?
thanks
Danielle

Quote:
it really depends. i've never looked at the price of the pheasants but the peacocks, they are pricey as you would imagine. a young unsexed ones i've seen the lowest at $35. the pairs start at $85. but that's about the going price for the houston area unless you find someone on craigslist that just wants to get rid of theirs. i know a lady wanting to get rid of a white peahen, but i know you're looking for a peacock. you need to be there early, around 7am to get the good deals. after that, you'll get the going price on the birds. alot of people leave around 1pm so that's the time to try to make deals.

michele

do you know who much she wants for the peahen
how do I ge to the trade days and that is next weekend right?

here's another link for you of a breeder up in conroe. i spoke to my friend and she said she'd take $100 since she really needs to find a home for the peahen.

About sexing peafowl:

On the India Blue you can tell the sex, once they start feathering out, by their shoulder feathers - males will be solid chocolate color, females will be chocolate with dark brown barring. Hope this helps you find what you need

Back
Top Bottom