1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for waterer options for winter

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by amythyst myst, Nov 3, 2014.

1. amythyst myst

amythyst myst Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2014
    I have a 3ft by 5ft coop. I am looking for a small waterer to keep in the coop and possible a heated one. All I find are 3 gallon size and that is bigger then I would like. Also, does anyone keep a small feeder in the coop as well? I am looking for possible ideas.
    Thanks in advance!

2. snoopysflock

snoopysflock Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2014
    Northern north carolina
    they make heated water tubs for chickens think they sell them at tractor supply

3. amythyst myst

amythyst myst Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2014
    I am looking for a one gallon or less. The three gallon is way too big to keep in my 3ft by 5ft coop and would interfere with the roost bar.

4. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    My husband and I make feeders and drinkers specifically for coops such as yours. We're designing a solar powered heated one but it's not ready for retail yet. For my small polish coop I use our round bottle with the horizontal nipple. I set it on a seedling heat mat on top of a cinder block. It never froze last year even at below zero temps. The round bottle is BPA free.

5. snoopysflock

snoopysflock Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2014
    Northern north carolina
    They sell them in different sizes

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by