Looking for White & Lt. Brn egg layer hatching eggs-CA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MrsWright, Dec 7, 2008.

1. MrsWright

MrsWright Out Of The Brooder

Nov 15, 2008
    I am looking for some hatching eggs of breeds that lay white or Lt. Brown eggs. Would prefer that they are docile breeds but can't be too choosy I know....LOL
    Would love some Red or Brown Leghorns, I'm not a big fan of plain white chickens for some reason. [​IMG]
    I only need a few maybe around 6 eggs. I have enough room in my bator for about 12 of whatever.
    Would be willing to hatch eggs for anyone and ship the chicks back also after hatch and/or few weeks old.

I can only have about 6 total chickens in my flock. So any in excess have to go to a new home anyways. They would be handled and pretty tame before they go.

2. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    How would you ship chicks? You need to ship at least 12 or they chicks will die. Usually only 20 chicks for warmth?

3. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Where are you???

I have 7 chicks that need new homes that are light brown egg layers for FREE

And you wouldn't have to worry about shipped eggs, and hatching rates etc!

See my thread titled FREE FREE FREE

4. MrsWright

Nov 15, 2008
    I'm near Modesto, Ca.

Why is it so hard to find red/brown Leghorns???
    Are they not laying right now??

I wouldn't be able to drive your way for a few weeks, between work and school....I stay pretty busy, it's hard for me to get away.
    That's why I look for hatching eggs to come to me.

your chicks are so cute ChicknThief!

5. MrsWright

Nov 15, 2008
    Quote:My bator holds up to 48 eggs. I can hatch them and ship them to whoever. Eggs would have to be provided. I would obviously only be able to do one person's at a time so that their were no mixups.
    I have no problem shipping 12+ chicks at a time. What I meant was if someone wanted older chickens I could keep them until they were ready and didn't require the heat as much once they are feathered. But, I am not a chicken farm so I don't want a excessive amount of chickens here being raised for people...LOL
    I'm nice but not that nice....LOL

I live in a rural area in the city limits of Waterford, Ca. so I can only get away with having a few chickens.
    It's fun to raise them for a bit and then give them to good homes. Once I have established my flock, I can't keep them. This way I can still have fun hatching and then not have to keep them. Maybe as a trade I can keep a chick and send the rest to their home.
    Hopefully that clears things up!
    I can be a hatching service for the batorless....is that a bad thing to do???

6. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:didn't you SEE that she said that when they are a FEW WEEKS OLD not ONE DAY OLD! they won't need that much warmth!

7. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    [​IMG] I was trying to figure out how you would ship just a couple of chicks. Sorry. I have White leghorns, but that won't help ya.

8. MrsWright

Nov 15, 2008
    Hey no problem....I'm new at this! So I'm sure I will confuse many more people in time...including myself!
    I'm just glad I have plenty of people here to help me figure things out! [​IMG]

9. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:if they're a few weeks old maybe all feathered out you can ship them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by