Looking for White migets or bourbon reds to buy in ohio

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by jen5680, Sep 28, 2009.

1. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I would love to no if anyone knows of a breeder in SW ohio that i could buy some of these from. any info would be great.
    thanks!!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  2. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    There's a big Bourbon red farm near Erie, Pa. which isn't too far from you I think. I forget it's name again...

3. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    When I was looking for Midget White poults to add to my flock, I found some on LocalHarvest.org. I found a breeder fairly close to me who offered me poults at a VERY reasonable price.

Good luck in your search! I love my BR's and MW's... they're such curious critters.

4. alanb

alanb Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2009
    [​IMG] CHANCE RIDER ; I'm looking for Midget-Whites also , Is it true they are a better tasting Bird ? Please send me an E-mail address for Local Harvest , THANKYOU ....... ALAN B .

5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Yes the Midgets are the best tasting in my book

Steve in NC

6. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    ALAN B . :

[​IMG] CHANCE RIDER ; I'm looking for Midget-Whites also , Is it true they are a better tasting Bird ? Please send me an E-mail address for Local Harvest , THANKYOU ....... ALAN B .

The email address I listed in my first post in this thread should be the correct one.... localharvest.org. If that doesn't work, try Googling "local harvest". I've had good luck finding local farms/ranches through the site.

I haven't processed any of my turkeys yet as this is my first year raising them. In researching which turks to raise, I decided on Bourbon Reds and Midget Whites, relying on information (taste tests) from other people. I'll know after Thanksgiving though [​IMG].​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by