1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking For : White Silkies In Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Golden_Yolk48, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Golden_Yolk48

Golden_Yolk48 New Egg

Dec 16, 2011
    Hello, new to the forum here, but I live in south coast Massachusetts and was trying to look for like one silkie to purchase. I have a small coop with three egg laying chickens, we just completed the coop in the summer so we are fairly new to the game. The silkies just look like they would be so much fun! I am just having a hard time finding someone that sells just one, because I don't want my coop to be crowded. On the sites that I go to, it looks like you have to buy a minimum of like 5, and I just want one, that I could just go pick up! Does anyone know anyone who is selling or have any tips for me??
    Thanks!!

2. Brody's Broodello

Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
  3. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I live in CT and have one white beadless silkie hen. She is about 14 months old. I would sell just her if you'd like. Feel free to send me an email and check out my website www.gff-llc.webs.com if Central CT is not too far. I'm also going to the NE Poultry Congress in January and can hold the gal till then and bring for you if you'd like [​IMG]
    Quote:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  4. Golden_Yolk48

Golden_Yolk48 New Egg

Dec 16, 2011
    cental CT is a little far, however I think I should learn a little more about the silkies before taking one in. I have three hens, and a large coop, but would the two different species be o.k with eachother? Also I am afraid since it is getting colder here in MA, that the silkie will be too cold, I might think about getting one when it gets warmer in the spring. Could you tell me more about the silkies?

5. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

I'm actually sold out my birds when up for sale go fast sorry [​IMG]

But, I agree do your research and maybe you should go to the Congress in Springfield, MA on Jan 14th. That way you can walk around talk to different breeders, see the silkies up close, to help you decide [​IMG]

Best Wishes!!
    Quote:

Butterflygirl50 likes this.
  6. Butterflygirl50

Butterflygirl50 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2017
    Abington, MA 02351
    I have some white Silkies. Some have frizzled feathers. Here is a picture of them they are four to five weeks old. I live in Abington, MA. IMG_20170707_002354.jpg IMG_20170707_001554.jpg IMG_20170707_001253.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  7. MAK Durrani

MAK Durrani Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2017
    p
    Hi, always get new chick or any bird in little warm weather, then do not put new one with the flock u already have as may be the new one brings diseases or so. Another most important factor is the flock at home does not accept new comers easily. So u got to make them graze together in open for few days and then cage them together. Thanks

8. Butterflygirl50

Butterflygirl50 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2017
    Abington, MA 02351
    I have some in Abington, MA if your interested. I have too many chicks right now lol. See pictures below.

9. MAK Durrani

MAK Durrani Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2017
    p
    Hahaha thanks SO much, and thats really great to see pictures. Takecare

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by