Looking for WI Chicks. :-)

kjgoodman

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 26, 2012
Wisconsin
Hi, we are located near Eau Claire, Wi. I am crazy for my chickens:). I would like to add a couple Black Copper Marans and a couple Araucoras to the bunch. Any one have any suggestions??? I only want a couple of each......thanks!!

Hello!!!
Have you tried "Wisconsin Cheesehead" thread? Lots of us spread out in Wisc and I am sure someone there will have what you are looking for-Good luck!
I am also thinking of starting a thread and having a pot luck sometime in 2013 for chicken people over on the west side of the state.

Thanks!!! I have been reading the threads. I am also looking for some "olive eggers"...
You are not far from me, we are in Menomonie.:)

I would like some of the light blue/green eggs, some olive color eggs and of course the dark chocolate colored eggs. I don't have a ton of room to raise a bunch of chicks. If I had a bigger coop or area, I would love to try to breed my own:) but that might have to wait a few more years.!! with 4 children, ages 14 to 3 :) and a full time job that requires me to travel, it isn't really feasable. I could maybe muster up the ability to hatch out a few eggs. My mother-in-law is great at it!!

I would watch for a local store to carry "Sexed" day old chicks and get a couple females there. I have a couple easter eggers that give me blue/green eggs and I have to say-they have the friendliest personalities in my flock!! And they come in many fun colors with their cute lil muff/beards!!! I know that Tractor Supply brings in chicks in the spring and most coops or feed stores will have some, You could possibly even request whichever you are looking for and they may get them for you. Otherwise I would also suggest going to "Wisconsin Cheeseheads" and asking there-many of the people on that thread come this way from time to time and could possibly get whichever you are looking for (just not sexed).

Back
Top Bottom