Looking for young Cayuga!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keyt1969, Aug 18, 2010.

1. keyt1969

keyt1969 Chillin' With My Peeps

My name is Keyt (Kate) and I live near Lansing MI. I am looking for a young Cayuga. I currently have three 1 month old Call Ducks, but I have always wanted a Cayuga and they are very difficult to find. I searched online, but even when in season, they want you to purchase 15 or more at a time, and I only want ONE.

Can anyone help me??

Sincerely,
    Keyt

2. treldib

treldib Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    You could try www.holderreadfarm.com, they have adult birds (I'm assuming "Young" means Sub-Adult to Adult) I'm not sure about the minimum order for adult ducks but I know for their ducklings (arguably the best show quality waterfowl in the nation) it's 10. You could always split the order with someone or sell some to your local TSC/Feed Store.

If you want good pet quality ducklings try www.metzerfarms.com , their minimum order for ducklings is two...you could sell one to your local feed store, split the order with someone, etc.

Also, wrong section. Post this in https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=56 to get more answers.

Edited to add : Btw...both the above places have Cayugas and also... [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  3. CricketYang

CricketYang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Mason, MI
    Bump!

4. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    I have them in black, blue, and splash
    They are pictured on my website.
    We usually sell eggs or day olds, yes, 10 minimum, that's just manditory, any less and day olds would die in shipping due to lack of heat is why people do that.
    However,
    I do have a lot of extras from this year. Problem is, shipping on a older bird will be expensive, they have to go Express mail only, and require a bio safe shipping box.
    Looking at least at $50 just to ship one to you, will be glad too though once the weather cools, have black and blue available

5. scooterward

scooterward Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Lenoir City, TN
    You should have at least TWO. They need a buddy.

6. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
  7. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Quote:haha,
    guess I did didnt I, yep those 2 are cayugas, no doubt at all..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by