Looking in NE IN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hayspetnut, Apr 23, 2008.

1. hayspetnut

hayspetnut New Egg

Apr 23, 2008
    I am looking for about half a dozen bourbon red turkey poults and would like to get them from show/good stock. Not looking for any crosses.

Would also like to find blue laced red wyandottes, cochin bantams, and/or brahma bantams. Only looking for healthy stock and really don't want to order from a hatchery due to a minimum order restriction as I'm only looking for a handful.

2. MsMcChick

MsMcChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    For your turkeys, I can't remember their email, but its on a link here somewhere, maybe can someone else can help. Jill and Kevin Porter have beautiful birds, purebred. We've gotten eggs and poults from them, and they're wonderful to deal with! Also there is a giant animal swap May 3rd in Kimmel, IN, we go there every month during the summer 6am-1pm on Albion Rd. Wolf's Giant Swap. Jill and Kevin are almost always there with poults and their furs. Good luck [​IMG]

3. hayspetnut

hayspetnut New Egg

Apr 23, 2008
    I've been to the Swap Meet, but didn't have much luck w/stock from there last year. A lot of sick animals being sold out of there. I was tossing around the idea of going to the first one, but watched too many die that I've brought home from there. You don't know they're sick till later on.

I would like to get in touch with the people that you posted about and see if I can go pick out some before the Swap Meet. Do you know their email addy?

4. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Hi there! IF I remember right, you are just south of Porter's in Fremont. Here's a link to their site:

http://www.porterturkeys.com/index.htm

GOOD LUCK! Porter's are great people to do business with.

5. hayspetnut

hayspetnut New Egg

Apr 23, 2008
    Hi Carole. Thanks for the link, I have an email sent to them. Your right, they are not far from where I live. Are you going to the Swap in May? I'll be out of town that day, so even if I wanted to go - I couldn't. Darn!

6. MsMcChick

MsMcChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    Yeah, i'm planning to go. I have a few extra ducks and lots of fuzzy babies to sell, plus lots of 'other stuff'. Mostly i like to go to look, and my kids always have a blast. We've gotten some crap birds there too, but we've attended for years, and more often than not we get good stuff. Never brought home anything sick though. NOw that we know what to look for, it's much easier to protect ourselves. Have fun with Porters, they are nice peeps![​IMG]

7. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I think I'm working that day, cuz I took off Sunday....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by