Looking Petition Signers in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by Anemone, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Anemone

Anemone New Egg

Oct 5, 2013
    Hey, the moderator kindly suggested I put my post over in this section, not just in the new member one, since I am looking for support in changing the law. So here goes:

Hi,

I'm Anemone. My family recently moved to OKC. I found the post on their regulations on this website helpful when looking into whether or not we would be able to have chickens. I grew up with them and we would love to share them with our boys. After investigating the laws and making calls, I decided that I would like to support changes in the Municode that make it no harder to have chickens than a cat or a dog.

If you are a resident of OKC too and a registered voter, would you be interested in either signing my petition or printing off one of your own? My husband is a typesetter and has made up a lovely petition. If you like, I can email the PDF to you so you can take it around your own neighbor hood. Then you can either give it to me or take it to the City Council yourself.

Sincerely,

Anemone

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by