Looking to add some ladies to our flock.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chookepie, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Chookepie

Chookepie Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2015
    Queensland, Australia
    Looking to add some ladies to our flock and i'm wondering what the best breeds would be for a flock of 6 or 7. I was thinking about orpington or Barred Rock, I already have 2 Australorps, so i'm not interested in getting any more. What else should I be looking at that I haven't heard about.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  2. SueT

SueT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    I just got a Speckled Sussex and a Barred Rock (chicks) after reading the breed reviews on this site saying they are docile and friendly. I have a Buff Orp. she's very sweet and lovely, I got her for her golden feathers...also have an Australorp, and a Rhode Island Red. RIR is bossy and opinionated, with a strong personality which people say goes with the breed. (in spite of that she's my favorite.) I have a SL Wyandotte who is well behaved and calm, but standoffish. I don't know if that is typical or not.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  3. Chookepie

Chookepie Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2015
    Queensland, Australia
    Thank you for your feedback, it really helped. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by