looking to buy a good used incubator. Fresno county, CA

Freddy

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
Fresno county, California
Is there anyone in or near Fresno county that has an incubator for sale? If so please hit me up with the info on it, one of my chikens has started to eat her eggs so I've started to collect them, if you know where I can buy one in Fresno that would help too thanks

Freddy

Last edited:
There is a feed store on Tollhouse/3rd street(Clovis) that carries them by the gun store, East of Clovis avenue. Sometimes they have turners in stock.
Another feed store on Clovis avenue south of 3rd street that sells Little Giant incubators, its called something "Critters"

Last edited:
I haven't been able to get a stable temp. So I haven't tried putting any eggs in it. Once I can find a place where the temp is steady then I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info. I'll try to go this weekend

If you still want to try the chick bator, I have heard that putting it in a box will help stabilize temps. (The classroom did this, but the temp swings in the classroom were too drastic, at home it may be more stable) If you want cheap test eggs, try Trader Joes fertile eggs. I used them on a new bator I got, and had development on 11 out of 12 eggs.

In the chickbators, the teacher was turning them a max of twice, which isn't ideal at all.
The first time I tried with shipped eggs I turned 5x, but this time around with the TJ eggs I am only doing it 3x and am having more develop. (who knows why)
Honestly though, I am still a newby at this too.

Thanks :) As soon as I get home from work I'm sticking my bator in a box so that I can start checking the temps for a day or so and stick some eggs in it. ;-)

Good luck, and keep us updated on if it works or not.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom