Looking to buy Ameraucana hen Corona /Norco Calif.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sierra pachie bars, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    I would like one that is laying is able. Also if it can be brought to me I would pay extra maybe make some pumpkin bread as a special thank you [​IMG] My son's chicken was attacked and killed by a racoon and I am looking to replace before he notices. He named his hen after our beloved dog that passed this year, he would be so upset.

2. Wood's Farm

Wood's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Running Springs, CA
    Do you have a picture of the hen you are trying to replace? It might be easier to find a hen that resembles her if we see a picture.

3. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    She looked like most of the Ameraucana's , only thing is she had heavy black eyeliner around her eyes. (I know doesn't help) I don't have a picture of the one. He is young so really I think he wont notice so much. I am hoping anyways. At this point will take what I can get /crosses fingers

Basicly only thing son knows is eggs are blue/green so anything that I can pass that off with that looks even close would work. I'm trying to dig up a picture of the mom hen now , which I now regret not taking so many pictures of this group of hens. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2008
  4. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    I did find a google picture of a chick that has same feather pattern and colors. [​IMG]

5. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    Someone please have one :0 I make fudge for several local candy stores , so I am willing to not only pay well but send you with several pounds of my fudge.. (can't tell baking and candy making is my second hobby :p)

6. Wood's Farm

Mar 21, 2008
    Running Springs, CA
    I have two hens that were sold to me as americaunas but are really "easter eggers". I am looking to downsize and could send one of these girls your way if they look alright to you. They are pretty timid but you could probably tame them with alittle work. We call the darker one Elvis and the other one "Goldie". Sorry for the bad picture.
    [​IMG]

7. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    The darker one would work since the feather pattern matches fairly well. How much are you asking?

8. Wood's Farm

Mar 21, 2008
    Running Springs, CA
    I am not looking for anything in return, I just wanted to make sure she goes to a good home. It sounds like you will give her a good home. I will e-mail you and we can setup a time and place to meet.

9. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    perfect ~ thank you

10. Sierra pachie bars

Nov 8, 2008
    Thank you Justin. She's beautiful. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by