Looking To Buy Amherst Pair

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by DITB, Jun 16, 2010.

1. DITB

DITB Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2008
    im looking for someone who will be selling an adult(or almost adult) pair of lady amherst in the next few weeks. the birds will have to be shipped because i have my doubts ill find anyone locally(east TN) selling these
    PM me with your price [​IMG]

2. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    there is a fellow in NC who has Amherst's he sells eggs if you ever incubate he goes by mumster on BYC

3. DITB

DITB Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2008
    im pretty much just looking for adults....plus i think laying season is almost over for amherst
    id be interested in adult pairs of swinhoe to if anyone has those [​IMG]
    i have decided i am not patient enough to wait a year+ longer for my pheasants to get colorful so im now wanting buy a male strutting its colorful beauty [​IMG]

4. ranit

ranit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Illinois
    You may have to wait unti the weather is cooler to have any shipped to you if your lucky enough to find a pair. I think regulations are that it needs to be below 80 degrees on both ends for shipping.

I have been looking for amhersts myself. I had a trio and lost one hen over the winter. I would like to eventually keep two trios but have had no luck finding any in my area yet and I hate to have birds shipped.

5. DITB

DITB Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2008
    yeah i know to wait until the weather cools down....i thought i had better start looking early for an amherst pair if i was to be able to get a pair this year....doubtful....but hopefully ill be able to find someone decently close offering a pair....

6. NCIndiaBlue

NCIndiaBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    NC
    I have a good friend who has all kinds of pheasants and peafowl - I love going to her house. I know she did have some mature Lady Amherst for sale, let me know if you're still looking and I'll ask her for you. She's in NC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by