1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking to buy Bantam Wyandotte and Araucana / Americana chicks in VA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by DixieChicknVA, Mar 5, 2009.

1. DixieChicknVA

DixieChicknVA New Egg

Apr 12, 2008
    Virginia
    Hello everyone...new to the group and am interested in purchasing from a local farm several bantam Wyandotte and Araucana / Americana chicks. Would prefer bantam but more importantly looking for these breeds. I had chickens as a child and want our son to enjoy this as well. We're in Louisa County but are willing and able to drive the state to pick up our girls. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Paula

2. Danny81577

Danny81577 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Fredericksburg,VA
    Hello I curently have two 5 week old chicks that you are looking for one is a bantam Americana that hatched from a dark olive green egg and the other is a auracona that is standard sized solid white that hatched out of a light blue egg. I live in fredericksburg Va just make me an offer and they could be yours I don't know how much to ask for them so if you want them just make me an offer. These are not sexed but they don't really look like roo's
    Thanks
    Danny

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  3. turtleblossom

turtleblossom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Kentucky
    sorry, double post

4. turtleblossom

turtleblossom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Kentucky
    Dixie,
    I just wanted to let you know that Auracanas and Ameraucanas are two different breeds. Many people are confued by this because the big hatcheries are selling Easter Eggers as Aucanas/Ameraucanas. Easter Eggers are basically mutts that are mixed with either Auracanas or Ameraucanas. Easter Eggers can lay a variety of colored eggs: brown, pink, green, blue. Ameraucanas and Auracanas lay ony blue eggs. There is a lott of good info on this website. Check out the sticky at the top of the breeds section.
    Buyer Beware- There are people out there who, usually out of ignorance, are selling EE's as Ameraucanas or Aucanas.

5. lceh

lceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Virginia
    We live in Charlottesville, and we have day-old "auraucanas" (Easter Eggers?), white Wyandottes, and buff Brahmas (all bantams), due to arrive April 7 or 8 from Meyer Hatchery. Assuming the shipping goes well, of the 17 I've ordered we're only intending to keep 6 once we can sex them accurately. I'm planning to put the rest on Craigslist. If you can't find day-olds in the breeds you want, send me a message and I'll let you know if we have "spares" of the sex you want once we can tell (!). I can promise they'll be well-socialized, they're a homeschooling project for my 1st grader.

Good luck!

6. RoosterRehab97

RoosterRehab97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Check out the culpepper poultry auction.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by