1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking to buy Calico Silkie Hens

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by chickieshealing, Jan 26, 2012.

1. chickieshealing

chickieshealing Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2011
    Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand
    I've been trying to track some down for awhile now and no luck. I only want hens because I already have 4 roosters. I want the calico color #1 and then I would buy another silkie of any color as well so I could introduce the hens as a pair to my flock. If anyone has any info on calico silkie hens for sale, please let me know! Thanks!!

2. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I should have some youngsters in a couple of months as soon as I get my pens finished.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  3. chickieshealing

Oct 28, 2011
    Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand

Oh great! I just checked out your site and saw you have lots of great, rare colors! I'll keep your site info handy and check back in a couple months. Looks like you are a day's trip away too. I will probably come in person to check out your chicks and get some different colors. I really want the calico though, so I'll revolve my trip around them. Thanks!

4. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    As soon as I start hatching I'll let you know. I have to get them separated and give them time with their partners to make sure they are fertilized by the right boys.

I have way too many colors! :)

5. chickieshealing

Oct 28, 2011
    Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand
    Thanks! Oh, how much do you sell them for?

6. chickieshealing

Oct 28, 2011
    Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand
    Also, I forgot to mention I would be interested in buying some other colors as well, blue splash, paint, light partridge color, or even one of your salmon colors. I don't have a huge preference on which ones I would want other than the calico, but I was hoping to get some bearded. I have mostly non-bearded now and really wanted some bearded as well. Hopefully I can get a few different ones from you at the same time. Thanks, Erika

7. Sharksandguitars

Sharksandguitars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Watson, LA
    [​IMG]

I was wondering if you think my 6 month old patridge silkie rooster will be good quality? This is my first batch of silkies, and I am thinking of breeding to show.

8. chickieshealing

Oct 28, 2011
    Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand

He is beautiful! Are you selling? Do you have calico? I was also looking for light colored partridge, but I love the red in him. I think my partridge are the standard brown/black.

9. Sharksandguitars

Sharksandguitars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Watson, LA
    No, I am not selling him. I do have another rooster that I will probably sell. He isn't this pretty though. He is still feathering out, so he might get prettier. What I want to do is start selectively breeding and selling. I am hatching 20 eggs right now, but I am not sure they are viable. Cross your fingers. Also, I've been looking all around for a good website that explains what makes silkies show quality, one with pics and stuff... and I can't find anything informative enough. Have you come across any good ones?

10. chickieshealing

Oct 28, 2011
    Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand

Oh, I was only looking for babies. After they can be sexed I'll only keep the females because I have 5 roosters already! But thanks anyways.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by