1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

looking to buy chickens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by newchickenfarmer, Nov 9, 2008.

1. newchickenfarmer

newchickenfarmer New Egg

Sep 13, 2008
    brazil,Indiana
    I'm looking to buy 8-10 barred rock HENS. also I'm looking for a couple or so of the new jersey giants, & a couple RIR, young but old enough to know for sure the sex. see that happend we bought 10 pullet hens from a traders fair and as time goes we had one that passed and now we can plainly hear as they CROW and bother my hens but we ended up with 2 for sure barred rock hens & 1 is still up in the air, its the youngest. well I'm in the Brazil, IN. area 30 minutes from Terre Haute. if any one has information on where to buy good healthy chickens, healthy chickens lay wonderful eggs. please get back with me thanks. newchickenfarmer

2. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    I am south of Pendleton, Indiana.
    for sale
    3- Buff Orpingtons 22 wks-old $12 each
    30 Rhode Island Reds 22 wks-old $12 each
    40 Barred Rocks 20 wks-old $12 each
    5 Jersey Giants 18 wks-old $10 each
    30 Black Australorpes 14 wks-old $8 each
    50 Ameraucanas 8 wks-old $5 each.
    All are from pullorum-free hatcheries and vaccinated for Mareks and Newcastle. FREE-RANGING!!!
    I don't ship, sorry! Sometimes deliver if someone is headed that way.

3. newchickenfarmer

newchickenfarmer New Egg

Sep 13, 2008
    brazil,Indiana
    hello,
    I'm glad to have heard from you thanks. can you tell me do you know the sexes of your birds? we bought 10 pullet BR's and he swore they were hens and we now have 8 roosters. that we dont need. but would be interested in several of your different breeds, but I need positive hens. check for your post later
    denise

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by