looking to buy chocolate browns in ohio

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bigtooks, May 12, 2009.

1. bigtooks

bigtooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Norwalk, Ohio
    i am interested in buying hatching eggs or chicks that are chocolate brown layers...i would prefer to pick them up rather than have them shipped..
    i am in the sandusky ohio area and i would travel prolly not more than 2hrs in a radius, however, i could travel to the end of the earth for black copper marans...depends on what kind of deal you have to offer..
    Thanks for any responses!!

2. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I just hatched some BC, I would sell those if you would want to come and pick them up. I had 6 BC eggs under the hen and all 6 hatched, 4 black and 2 yellow, so Im assuming that the hen is from Wade Jean lines cause his line will throw wheaton chicks. I dont know for sure cause I dont know where this hen is from line wise. I got her at a sale. I want to keep the yollow chicks cause I had some wheaton eggs under the same hen and now that 2 hatched yellow from the BC eggs, I cant tell my wheatons from the other 2 yellow. My zip is 47371, Im almost 10 miles from in town Portland, but only 3 miles from the OH line.

These 4 chicks hatched on June 8th and I have 1 chick that is 2, maybe 3 weeks old, this chick is from my BC from Bevs line. You can pm me if you are interested, or I can to give you a price on them............

3. bigtooks

bigtooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Norwalk, Ohio
    BC? Not sure what this is...

4. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    BC means Black Copper - speaking of the marans breed. They are supposed to lay the darkest eggs of any breed (only this certain color). But that ALL depends on how good their lineage is [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by